31.03.2023 bis 02.04.2022
The “Zeitenwende” declared by the German social democracy triggered the largest rearmament in the German military since the Second World War. Shortly after French President Macron diagnosed NATO as braindead, the Western military alliance became more in demand; since the Russian attack on Ukraine, they are more active than they have been at any time since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The reactions to this are changing our governments, our societies, capitalism, and the political conditions under which we live and work. Social policies are being cut, and class struggles are being glossed over by a defensive “closing of the ranks” strategy, and fascist governments in Europe are being tolerated on the grounds that they will continue to support the alliance against Putin. In this seminar we want to look at these responses and changes, analyse them, and find a common socialist perspective on the new challenges. Which of our old left-wing views are wrong, and which ones need to be upheld right now? With inputs, seminars, and discussions, we want to develop a perspective on what a common, internationalist stance on this topic might look like.
The seminar will be conducted in English; thus, it will be rather hard to understand the instructions and fully participate if your English is limited. However, you may help each other out in delegations.
- When? March 31, 2023 – April 3, 2023
- Target Group? 18-30 years old from EU member states
- Travel cost reimbursement? Possible - for more details contact Estefania Casajus (email@example.com)
- Registration deadline? March 10, 2023 (Participants needing Visa invitations, please apply as early as possible!
- Hygiene? Currently our house operates under some restrictions due to health prevention. We follow special rules of hygiene, such as covering mouse and nose with a medical mask in the corridors and dining hall, washing and disinfecting hands on a regular basis and separation of different groups in the house. An international seminar is a place in which you can meet people from all over the world. Many will have to test negative with a PCR-test on corona before they can board their planes to their homes after the seminar, who can probably not afford a rescheduling of these flights. Therefore, still a zero-corona policy is tried to achieve with the following.
Für mehr Infos schaut auf der Homepage von KLH vorbei: https://www.kurt-loewenstein.de/de/veranstaltungen/international-seminar-left-wing-foreign-policy-dead
Jugendbildungsstätte Kurt Löwenstein, Werftpfuhl
Statement zum Jahrestag: Der Krieg in der Ukraine muss enden!
Wir positionieren uns klar gegen den Krieg und die Eskalationsspirale im Ukraine-Krieg
Spendenaufruf: Hilfe für die Erdbebenopfer in der Türkei und Syrien
Wir unterstützen die Spendenkampagne unserer Mitgliedsverbände!
EXCEED LIMITS: Abschlussveranstaltung macht Station im Bundestag
Am Sonntag hat sich die Gruppe mit Bundestagsabgeordneten in der Kuppel getroffen